Acupuncture at Oakwood Clinic in Southgate, Enfield
Acupuncture is a widely used treatment where the safe and gentle use of tiny needles helps relieve pain and speed-up recovery. Many people are delighted with the results, saying how relaxing the treatment is - and it’s completely drug free.
Acupuncture can help with the following problems:
- Neck and back pain
- Shoulder, arm and hand pain
- Hip and knee pain
- Tennis elbow and Golfer’s elbow
- Tendinitis of the wrist and Achilles tendon problems
- Arthritis, including pain and stiffness
- Heel and instep pain, including Plantar fasciitis
- Headaches and migraines
- Painful joints such as knees and feet
At Oakwood Physiotherapy Clinic we give high-quality acupuncture treatments. Our therapists are trained and highly-qualified to give you acupuncture treatments that are:
- Gentle - you will barely feel the needles at all. Our acupuncturists make sure the treatment is as comfortable and relaxing as possible
- Professional - we have several therapists qualified in acupuncture. They will explain its uses and check carefully whether you are likely to benefit from it during your assessment
- Experienced - all our acupuncturists are senior therapists, each with several years’ experience
- Holistic - because our acupuncturists are also either physiotherapists or osteopaths, you can also benefit from their advice and complementary treatment skills such as massage, exercises and advice
You can also combine acupuncture with other therapies we provide at the Clinic, including physiotherapy and osteopathy.
Acupuncture treatment is provided by these therapists at the Clinic:
- Physiotherapists: acupuncture is used for pain relief in muscles and joints. It is often combined with exercises and advice, massage and heat treatments. Our physiotherapists have post-graduate training in acupuncture to provide these treatments
- Osteopaths: acupuncture is used for relieving pain in combination with osteopathic treatments such as massage and gentle manipulation of the spine or other joints. Osteopaths treat very holistically and will often give postural advice and exercises, as well as treatment to improve the balance of the whole body. Our osteopaths have completed post-graduate training to give acupuncture for pain relief
- Acupuncturists: one of our physiotherapists is also a qualified general acupuncturist who treats a wide range of problems including digestive and hormonal issues, skin and lung disorders, as well as anxiety and fertility issues. A three-year, full-time training in acupuncture was completed to give treatments for these problems
How our acupuncturists treat you
Our physiotherapists and osteopaths use acupuncture to speed recovery from pain and dysfunction. If acupuncture is right for you after you have been assessed, you can choose to have acupuncture as well as other treatments your therapist can provide.
There is no extra cost if acupuncture is included in your treatment.
When you have acupuncture, you will be reclining or lying down comfortably, and the therapist will gently apply the needles. We use disposable, high-quality, acupuncture needles to ensure patient safety and comfort at all times.
When the needles are in place, you are encouraged to enjoy the relaxing effect of the treatment, and to rest comfortably for about ten minutes. During this time the body is aware of the needles, and subtle changes occur in body systems to stimulate the healthy function of the body and to reduce pain.
Acupuncture treatment is a natural treatment - it simply stimulates the body to heal itself.
Physiotherapy, osteopathy and acupuncture are all considered to be natural, drug-free treatments. This is one reason why acupuncture is often combined with these other therapies.
Acupuncture has been shown in research to be effective in treating many painful conditions, and therefore complements therapies such as physiotherapy and osteopathy.
Local Areas We Service
We are based locally in Oakwood, North London, a short journey from Southgate, Palmers Green, Winchmore Hill, Barnet, Hadley Wood. We are based in N14 and are local to N13, N21, EN1, N11, N22 and more.
We are available to treat anyone who can reach us, though the following are local areas that many of our local physiotherapists treat people from:
- Southgate N14
- Winchmore Hill N21
- Palmers Green N13
- Enfield EN1, EN2, EN3 and EN4
- Barnet and East Barnet EN4 and EN5
- Hadley Wood N11
- North Finchley N12
- New Southgate
- Friern Barnet
- Bounds Green
- Arnos Grove
Our postcode is N14 4AP and we are easily reachable by car – with dedicated parking spaces for patients – or by the 121 or 307 bus that stops just a few minutes’ walk away at Oakwood Station or the 299 which stops one-minute walk away from the clinic.
The clinic is only 7-8 mins walk from Oakwood tube station, so those travelling from Arnos Grove, Cockfosters, Bounds Green, Wood Green or Southgate Station can reach us easily. We have free on-site parking as well as disabled access.
To arrange an appointment or to speak to a physiotherapist, call us on 020 8440 3629 or email email@example.com
▴ Back to Top
Get In Touch