Acupuncture at Oakwood Clinic in Southgate, Enfield
Acupuncture is a widely used treatment, involving the safe and gentle application of tiny needles into the body to relieve pain and speed up recovery. Many are delighted with the results and remark on how relaxing the treatment is – and it’s completely drug free.
Acupuncture can help with the following issues:
- Neck and back pain
- Shoulder, arm and hand pain
- Hip and knee pain
- Tennis elbow and Golfers elbow
- Tendinitis of the wrist or Achilles
- Arthiritis with pain and stiffness
- Heel and instep pain including Plantar Fascilitis
- Headaches and Migraines
- Swollen joints such as the knees or feet
At Oakwood Physiotherapy Clinic we provide high quality local acupuncture treatment and our staff are trained and highly qualified to offer you treatment that is:
- Gentle - You will barely feel the needles at all - our acupuncturists make sure that the treatment is as comforatable and relaxing as possible
- Professional - We have several therapists qualified in acupuncture; they will explain its uses and check carefully whether you are likely to benefit at your assessment
- Experienced - All our therapists are senior therapists with several years’ experience
- Additional skills - because our therapists providing acupuncture are also either physiotherapists or osteopaths, you will benefit from their advice and other treatment skills such as massage or exercises
As well as having completely acupuncture focused treatments, you can also combine acupuncture with other therapies we offer at Oakwood Clinic, including physiotherapy and osteopathy.
Acupuncture treatment is available from the following therapists at the Clinic:
- Physiotherapists: Acupuncture is used for pain relief for any area of the body when it is related to muscles and joints. It is often combined with exercises and advice, massage and heat treatments. Our physiotherapists have post-graduate training in acupuncture in order to provide this treatment to our patients
- Osteopaths: Acupuncture is used for relieving pain and is combined with osteopathic treatments such as massage and gentle manipulation of the spine or other joints. Osteopaths treat very holistically and will often give postural advice and exercises as well as give treatment to improve the balance of the whole body. Our osteopaths have completed post-graduate training in order to provide acupuncture for pain relief
- Acupuncturists: One of our physiotherapists is also qualified as a general acupuncturist and treats a wide range of problems including digestive and hormonal problems, skin and lung disorders, as well as anxiety and fertility issues. A three-year full-time training was undertaken to be able to provide treatment for these health conditions
How our local acupuncturists treat you
Our physiotherapists and osteopaths use acupuncture in order to maximise the speed of recovery from pain and dysfunction in the body. If acupuncture is considered appropriate for you after you have been assessed, you can choose to have this treatment along with other treatments that your therapist will provide.
There is no extra cost if acupuncture is included in your treatment.
When you have acupuncture you will be comfortably reclining or lying down and the therapist will gently apply the needles. We use disposable high quality acupuncture needles to ensure patient safety and comfort at all times.
Once the needles are in place you are encouraged to enjoy the relaxing effect of the treatment and to rest comfortably for around ten minutes. During this time the body is aware of the needles in place and subtle changes start to occur in various body systems to stimulate the healthy function of the body and to reduce pain.
Acupuncture treatment is a natural treatment – it simply stimulates the body to heal itself.
Physiotherapy and osteopathy, along with acupuncture, are all considered natural drug-free treatments. This is one of the reasons why acupuncture is so widely incorporated into these two forms of therapy. Acupuncture has been shown in substantial research to be effective in treating many painful conditions, and therefore complements other forms of therapy such as physiotherapy or osteopathy.
Local Areas We Service
We are based locally in Oakwood, North London, a short journey from Southgate, Palmers Green, Winchmore Hill, Barnet, Hadley Wood. We are based in N14 and are local to N13, N21, EN1, N11, N22 and more.
We are available to treat anyone who can reach us, though the following are local areas that many of our local physiotherapists treat people from:
- Southgate N14
- Winchmore Hill N21
- Palmers Green N13
- Enfield EN1, EN2, EN3 and EN4
- Barnet and East Barnet EN4 and EN5
- Hadley Wood N11
- North Finchley N12
- New Southgate
- Friern Barnet
- Bounds Green
- Arnos Grove
Our postcode is N14 4AP and we are easily reachable by car – with dedicated parking spaces for patients – or by the 121 or 307 bus that stops just a few minutes’ walk away at Oakwood Station or the 299 which stops one-minute walk away from the clinic.
The clinic is only 7-8 mins walk from Oakwood tube station, so those travelling from Arnos Grove, Cockfosters, Bounds Green, Wood Green or Southgate Station can reach us easily. We have free on-site parking as well as disabled access.
To arrange an appointment or to speak to a physiotherapist, call us on 020 8440 3629 or email email@example.com
▴ Back to Top
Get In Touch